Global Parenting Program (Virtual)
DO YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR GLOBALLY MOBILE KID?
We help parents who are raising kids overseas understand the long-term effects and pitfalls of a globally mobile lifestyle, by giving them the tools needed to navigate this journey with greater awareness.
Successful parents rely on more than just their knowledge to raise their children abroad. Great parents are open to continuously building on their parenting skills. You may not even be aware that you are a parent of a TCK (Third Culture Kid), a child with a cross-culturally mobile lifestyle and that’s ok. You’re not alone and you don’t need to navigate through this in the dark!
Myself and Alison Goldstein (www.alisongoldstein.com) have been working with hundreds of men and women helping them achieve work-life balance, get clear on their values, set boundaries and identify and remove obstacles standing in the way of their goals, both professionally and personally.
Our interactive Global Parenting Program, offered virtually over ZOOM, is for those curious in understanding the TCK profile, in order to grow a confident resilient child with a solid identity. By cultivating a growth mindset, you will learn how to nurture your child’s unique TCK talents, navigate around their pitfalls, turn their challenges into opportunities and create awareness for the entire family around the transition cycle.
You don’t need to wait for the next move to take action! Let our program provide you with the tool kit you need to thrive, not just survive Global Parenting.
Who is this program for?
Curious parents of school-aged children (5-18 years) who have moved internationally at least once and will eventually do so again, create their home anywhere.
Courageous parents that are ready to expand their tool kit and create a stronger connection with their child and are willing to leverage their parenting skills to raise their child abroad.
Parents who are looking for greater control over a past or future move and want to find more meaning in their family life abroad.
- Gain a deeper awareness of the long-term effects and pitfalls of your TCK.
- Learn how to shift mindsets and turn TCK challenges into opportunities.
- Grow your leadership skills in accessing your child’s unique talents.
- Establish actions to better navigate raising your child abroad.
- Connect with and learn from other global like-minded parents.
- Discover the fundamentals of raising your child abroad.
- Understand the common behaviours, characteristics, and personalities of cross-culturally mobile kids (TCKs).
- Shift your mindset and discover your child’s superpowers.
- Give your child tools to help them better navigate identity challenges.
- Design a smooth transition no matter where your family is in the transition cycle.
- Identify concrete actions you’ll take by putting your knowledge all together.
- Our three-week program consists of a weekly 1.5-hour module.
- Each online interactive module is filled with activities, reflections and theory.
- Between the modules, you will have a separate 30-minute POD* meeting.
- You will receive our manual, which is filled with activities and reflections to better capture your learning.
- Our program will provide a confidential and safe space for parents to educate, create and explore together!
- The program will be offered virtually over Zoom at two separate times to accommodate most time-zones.
» Optional activities and reflections after each session will be provided as a confidential and safe space for parents to educate, create, and explore!
*A POD is a small support and accountability group of between 2-4 members who are able to communicate privately with each other.
- Each participant will need to register with a friend. The reason for this is that research indicates a 500% increased likelihood of establishing positive new habits when supported by accountability partners.
- The total size of the program will be a maximum of 12 participants. Small groups allow for an environment of exchange and trust-building, whilst still allowing sufficient space for everyone.
Here is what participants liked about our program:
“The program was a great space to consider parenting issues that may not otherwise get the full attention they deserve. …”
“This program offered so many supportive insights & conversations. The structure & engagement have given me an excellent foundation to continue actions towards a smooth transition for all my family. …”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is this the right program for me?
This is the right program for you if you are a) a parent of a child aged 5-18 who has moved internationally at least once and will do so again at some point, b) willing to build on your existing parenting skills and c) interested in expanding your parenting tool kit to better navigate raising your child abroad.
This program is about reaching your potential and being the ideal parent you wish to be!
How do I know if I’m raising a TCK?
Our litmus test is if your child is asked where they are from and their answer is something along the lines of, “I was born in ____, I live in ____, but my mom is ____ and my dad is ____,” then this program is for you.
What will I gain from the Global Parenting program?
During the weekly online sessions, you will be introduced to tools and theories to understand the TCK profile, shift your mindset, discover your child’s superpowers, better help your child navigate identity challenges, design a smooth transition, connect with and learn from other parents with similar experiences and become a more confident global parent.
Through experiential exercises during each module and completing exercises in your manual, by the end of the program, you will compile all your knowledge and commit to taking action in areas that are important to you and your TCK.
What will my actions be by the end of the program?
As you move through the program, you will reflect on areas that are working well for your family and areas which may need further improvement. By the conclusion of the program, you will have compiled what you’ve learned and narrowed the scope to a few areas you wish to focus on moving forward. You will break down your goals into smaller ‘bite-sized’ steps, allowing you to go from good intentions to actionable items!
I’ve been living in my host country already for several years. Is this program still for me?
Absolutely! This program will help you understand what a TCK is, what their unique challenges and pitfalls are, and how you can help foster their TCK talents.
We don’t plan on moving again. Is this program still for me?
It depends. Our program is geared towards supporting third culture kids (TCK), kids who have moved internationally and are globally mobile. However, all of the material will apply to parents raising children outside their passport country or countries. Those who are not globally mobile likely won’t display all the TCK characteristics nor will they have experienced chronic loss. That being said, they will still experience loss and go through the transition cycle depending on how often you travel to and from their passport countries to visit friends and relatives. We encourage you to enroll in the program as there is a lot that you can learn.
Who will lead the Global Parenting Program?
Each of the three weekly interactive online modules will be led by myself and my partner, Alison Goldstein (www.alisongoldstein.com) professional certified coaches who are parents to third culture kids and have lived in over a dozen countries.
I have an executive coaching and training background, built around more than 25 years’ experience as a Talent Management Consultant, HR Business Partner, and Leadership Coach. She has 10,000+ hours of experience in leadership development combined with 2,000+ hours of coaching experience with leaders from more than 25 different countries.
Alie (Alison Goldstein) has over 17 years of overseas experience, including with the U.S. Federal Government. She’s transitioned careers multiple times before becoming a coach where she supports U.S. based Fortune 500 companies on their leadership and management skills. Her background includes a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
Email us for further information and to get on the waiting list on upcoming dates and prices for our programs.